THE LATEST STAR WARS RUMORS POINT TO LUPITA NYONG'O
20th June 2014 10:00 am
Lodged in the latest "Star Wars: Episode VII" rumors may be insight into Adam Driver and Lupita Nyong'o's roles. The website Making Star Wars apparently has insider sources at Pinewood Studios, where J.J. Abrams' first entry in the new trilogy is now filming, who spoke about the villains that will be introduced.
Now, we should pause to note that these are, by all official means, very much rumors. The report comes with a large disclaimer that says the information "could be accurate or inaccurate." But, if their sources are correct, here's what we can glean about "Episode VII":
- The villains will be called Jedi Hunters. They dress in black, often wear helmets and track down Jedi for the fallen Empire. They carry lightsabers, come with a horde of troopers also donning black and, according to Making Star Wars' synthesis, are reminiscent of the Inquisitors seen in the upcoming animated series "Star Wars Rebels."
- One source says Nyong'o, Driver and David Oyelowo ("Middle of Nowhere," "Lee Daniels' The Butler") are the film's core Jedi Hunters. Nyongo'o has reportedly been seen walking around the set wearing "yellow contact lenses" while she tests them out for the role, which sounds menacing and wonderful.
- Sources say the Jedi Hunters are the reason there won't be a New Republic in the next film. The hunters idolize the Sith and want to resurrect them post-"Return of the Jedi," when the Rebels decimated the Empire. That means part of the "Episode VII" plot may find the Jedi Hunters following their decree to restore the Order of the Sith Lords.
- Luke Skywalker has reportedly been fighting to stop the Jedi Hunters' ascension for the past 30 years, which is the time span that will have lapsed between "Return of the Jedi" and "The Ancient Fear" (if that is indeed what "Episode VII" is titled).
- All of this villainous development may ultimately lead to the resurrection of Darth Sidious, otherwise known as Emperor Palpatine, whom Darth Vader killed at the end of "Return of the Jedi."
LATEST TV & MOVIE NEWS
LATEST MOVIE REVIEWS
TOP ARTICLES ON OUR BLOG
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
Contact | About US | Advertise With Us | Terms
TAKE 254 LATEST POSTS
TAKE 254 BLOG
TAKE 254 TOP ARTICLES
Copyright (c) 2014 Take 254 Arts & Entertainment. All rights reserved.